” As Someone Staying in the home of Simon The Leaper”
“…. While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of Simon the Leper, 7 a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.
8 When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. “Why this waste?” they asked.9 “This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor.”
10 Aware of this, Jesus said to them, “Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 11 The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me. 12 When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. 13 Truly I tell you, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”
- You are a guest in the home of Simon the Leper, how does the house look like?
- How does being in the same house with Jesus & his disciples feel like?
- When the woman visits Jesus, where were you in the house as you watch the scene unfold?
- What was your impression before, during and after the woman poured perfume on Jesus’ head and doing something beautiful for God?
- What did the disciples say that are familiar phrases you hear in your life?
- When the woman left, if you ran out after her at the door to ask her one question, what will you ask her? What will she tell you?
- After the event and you were alone with Jesus, what did you ask Jesus and what did Jesus tell you?
- Step in once again but this time as the woman instead.
(Start with gratitude for all the good, big or small that has happened during the day)
(For how I want to leave a legacy and what is truly desire in my heart)
Review Your Day
(When was it during the day that I feel near to Jesus and when was I far?)
(From my old ways to the way of God)
(With a new attitude like that of the woman, how can I restart my day again)