New to Stepping In and the S.T.A.R.T prayer process? Start here
(As a tired servant whom Jesus met before going into the boat)
“35 That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side.” 36 Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him. 37 A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. 38 Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?”
39 He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.
40 He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?”
41 They were terrified and asked each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!”
Spiritual Direction >
- In your quiet time, “Step in” and encounter Jesus who asked you to move to the other side.
- What is your current state of fear? Allow Jesus to bring you from your current state to the other side.
- When you first encounter the storm, what do you do?
- After waking Jesus up and see him calm the storm, how do you feel being on the “same boat” as Jesus in life.
- When Jesus uttered “Why are you so afraid?, Do you still have no faith?”. What do you say to him?
(For all the things you can think of that is going right)
(To help you overcome the fears that hinders your faith)
R-eview Your Day
(How was God near and how have you sense you moved away from him?)
(From what God reveal in your heart about your faith that isn’t right in his eyes)
(With a new acceptance of God’s will, I restart my day)
Subscribe to future spiritual exercises? Email email@example.com